Wednesday, November 02, 2011

November Calendar Inspiration

This photo: October Browns by Knitting Iris (here via Flickr, discovered on Creature Comforts)



Every month I put together a little calendar to go in my planner. Lately I've been into graphic designs and I fell in love with the circles and colors of this picture. I love the texture of wood. I always try and trick my boyfriend Brad into grabbing big tree trunks off the side of the road so I can make things with them. :) I have a great stump my mom got for me that I use to decorate with at craft shows and I dream of making coffee tables and end tables and lamps with other stumps.

Making these calendars have been a really great exercise in breaking down images and the world in general. It comes down to looking at shape and color at a very basic level. Here are the designs I've done so far. Start keeping your eyes pealed for more with my 2012 calendars, coming very soon!!!


Check out the printable DIY for these calendars that you can find >>here
Enjoy! & let me know how it works for you! ;) -Amina


No comments:

Post a Comment