Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Project 400 Square Feet


I am embarking on a new project this winter break - to decorate and fix up my apartment. I live in a small one-bedroom apartment with my boyfriend that is a little over 400 square feet. We have been there for about a year and a half, and although we're in the final stretch of our time there, I'm in the mood to change up the look a little bit. Above is the inspiration board for what I'm looking to do, all links and pics courtesy of Pinterest, of course. 

Bedroom: our bedroom closet is about 3'x2' so I'd like to put in a sweet little clothing rack to put all my nice clothes on. The shelves for shoes and hats and such make it even more perfect for our tiny place. Then, I'd also like to make a nice sweet quilt for our bed. We have a white blanket that I'm about ready to say good-bye to. I made myself a blanket a long long time ago and I'd love to try it again!

Living Room: I like the idea of fabric storage bins for blankets and pillows, but they also are great for clothes - me and Brad only have one 3-drawer dresser, an extra clothing storage bin and that tiny closet, so I'm going to make a few bins to go on our bedroom shelf for extra clothes. 

Kitchen: I want to make cute placemats that say "NOM NOMS" over and over again and napkins like above that say "YUM!" I think they'd be cute. And then I love these wooden utensils - it would be easy to do that to a few cheap Ikea ones and the potholders - easy peasy with the tons of scrap fabrics that I have laying about. 

I did a few posts about a few rooms in the apartment over on my old blog, but things have changed a lot since even back then, so I'll probably post new ones soon enough. 

Keep up with the project this coming month! 

Picture creds: 

No comments:

Post a Comment