Monday, February 13, 2012

Stopping to Enjoy the View


I am a speed walker. I compulsively organize my life with to-do lists always crossing things off, adding things on, rearranging them, making new ones - the lists of my life are never ending. Every day of my life is a list, a schedule, a sequence of events and tasks.

Take today, for example: 9a. SOCY lab. // 10a./11a. Back home to be productive (where productivity time actually turned into sexy time which is almost a waste of time according to my list-making, time-maximizing nature). //1p. AREC discussion and quiz. // 2p. SOCY 411. //Home by 330p. // Other to do:: check Vday plans, SOCY 202 assignment, make pink skirts for Spring line, do other homework, Vday present for Brad, update blogs, check yoga classes. + Rest.

It's too much, but between being a student, working on my spring line, working toward my career ambitions, maintaining my relationship with Brad, having a part-time job and all those other things I want to do in between, there seems to be no other way for me to live right now. I have no time to stop and smell the roses, enjoy the view along my day.

This really hit me today as I was making my way to AREC - speed walking, of course, across our beautiful campus and thinking of what I needed to get done today. My time on this campus is so limited and I've spent it running around and making lists, probably just trying to get the most of everything here, but I really will miss the undergrad life and it's gone by so fast. Less than 100 days to go until it's all over. I'll forever be done being a student (probably). So today I'm adding another bullet to my senior bucket-list: Stop and enjoy the view. -Amina

No comments:

Post a Comment